IN LIGHT OF COVID-19, THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT
HEALTH PRECAUTIONS ARE BEING TAKEN AT THE
ALBERTVILLE BOAZ RECYCLING CENTER, PLEASE
Albertville-Boaz Recycling Center to close its doors to public BUT WILL STILL BE TAKING DROP OFF RECYCLE ITEMS.
Governor Kay Ivey and the Alabama Department of Public Health have issue statewide health orders in order to slow the spread of the Coronavirus.
Suggestions of maintaining a six-foot distance between persons is one of the orders.
We are doing our best to do our part with this world of pandemic.
We sort our items by human hands pulling out items that should not be in a recycle bin. Those items become garbage as it should have been to begin with. It is more important than ever to NOT put dirty items and personal items such as toilet tissue, Kleenex, napkins or paper towels in recycle. Make sure all items are rinsed and clean. We are NOT your garbage dump.
Many do not realize the importance of recycling and especially during this time with items being taken off the shelf faster than they can be replaced.
- Recycling operations are considered a job category that is identified as an essential service. Therefore, we will continue to work every day at the best pace we can to meet the supply and demand.
- Recyclers are responsible for supplying 58% of the feedstock to tissue mills throughout the U.S., which are responsible for producing toilet paper and tissues needed every day by citizens and which are currently in critical supply.
However, in order to meet all demands we will be changing of our methods of recycling:
Our doors will be closed out front, but we will still be here working.
- There will be bins for you do drop your recycling off in.
- We will not be coming to your car to retrieve items at the time being. Hopefully in the days to come this service will continue.
- Please do your best to sort as much as possible.
- Trailers will be there for you to put empty cardboard boxes in.
- Please make sure to remove all items from cardboard.
- DO NOT leave paper in outside bins if there are chances of rain. Wet paper just becomes trash.
- The virus can live on cardboard 24 hours.
- The virus can live up to 3 days on plastic. So, it is vitally important that you rinse all items.
- And please, we ask you again DO NOT make us your trash dump site. If items are dirty or moldy just throw them away.
- If you have questions, please feel free to call 256-891-8298.
- At the present time we are working with a very limited staff.
- Community Service Workers – If you have been ordered to do community service please know that we are still here for you to work so that you may complete your hours.Our hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Monday-Saturday.
*For a complete list of items accepted call 256.891.8298 to or visit their website.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
HOUSEHOLD AND PERSONAL GARBAGE, FOOD
Secure Shred is a professional paper shredding company providing the most secure, efficient, simple and cost effective plan available for destroying a company's confidential information. Secure Shred provides complete on-site document destruction services at your facility where you can view the description of the confidential information.
The mission of Secure Shred is to provide a cost-effective document disposal service that protects our customers demand for security. Secure Shred is insured for your protection. Secure Shred works in conjunction with the Albertville Boaz Recycling Center.
For more information, contact Chris Gunter, Shredder Technician, at 256.891.5225 or email the center.