The Purchasing Department purchases goods and services for all municipal departments, and administers the purchasing policies and procedures of the city. All purchases are made in accordance with state law and city ordinance, and are open, fair, and competitive, and are made at the lowest cost consistent with the quality and delivery required.
Please submit your contact information via email to the Purchasing Department, to be notified when bids are solicited for products or services. Include your company name, contact name, phone number and email address.
The Purchasing Department values the relationship between City government and the vendor business community, and maintaining mutual goodwill at all times. Toward this end, the Purchasing Department strives to:
- Communicate clearly to vendors and help simplify the City’s procurement process
- Build trust between customers and suppliers
- Handle all supplier questions and concerns in a fair, prompt, and courteous manner
- Encourage healthy competition and maximum participation among vendors for City business and maintain an open and fair solicitation process
- Involve suppliers in the development of clear, fair, and complete specifications and standards necessary to meet the City’s product and service requirements
- Observe strict truthfulness and highest ethics in all transactions and correspondence
- Assist vendors and departments with contractual problems and other issues related to contractor performance, product delivery, and payment disputes or delays
- Assist in resolving problems in a creative, fair, and prompt manner
- Encourage participation from local, small, minority, veteran-owned, and women-owned businesses for City contracts
- Pursue and utilize procurement methods that are efficient in meeting the needs of the City
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday