The City of Albertville is taking the following precautionary methods in light of the COVID-19 situation: Spring recreation sports will be delayed until June 1st. Sand Mountain Park staff will be available to answer any questions for membership, program sport participants, and coaches via 256-891-8240, and will remain open to the public, for now, at the Armory. Albertville Public Library and Albertville Senior Center will be closed through at least April 30th. Per Alabama Supreme Court, Albertville Municipal Court will be cancelled March 17th through April 30th. Please contact the Magistrate's Office for your updated court date at 256-891-8291. The Magistrate's office will be closed to the public, but will take payments and handle business through their drive-up window. The Magistrate's lobby will only remain open for warrants. City Hall, at this time, will remain open to the public during normal business hours. Please contact us at 256-891-8200 with any questions or concerns. If you need help with food assistance or "of need" resources available to you as a resident of Marshall County, please call 2-1-1 by phone to be connected to a trained professional that can assist your needs through United Way of Marshall County. All residents of Albertville are urged to practice social distancing by keeping at least a six foot distance from others, not gathering in groups of 10 or more for non-work related gatherings, or any non-work related gatherings that cannot maintain a six foot distance as they are currently prohibited by Governor Kay Ivey in the State of Alabama. 


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


The Street Department installs and makes necessary repairs to the storm drainage system to include bridges, culverts, storm drains and those areas where the City has drainage easements. This may include removal of accumulated debris and the repair of concrete structures or pipes.

However, in accordance with State law and City ordinance, the City is not responsible for routine maintenance of creeks, streams, ditches or drainage easements on private property. Property owners are expected to keep ditches, streams and drainage areas free from all vegetation to include, but not limited to, grass, debris, trees and brush.


To report a repair or maintenance issue concerning a city street or sidewalk, please contact the Public Services at 256.891.8250. Please note that any issue involving US Hwy 431 must be addressed with the Alabama Department of Transportation.  


Pavement markings to include lines, turn lanes, curbs and parking spaces in city owned parking lots are done by street department personnel. In addition, the street department maintains all signage to include street, directional or informational signs throughout the City.


All city properties and public areas are mowed, landscaped and maintained by the street department.  Right-of-ways on state and federal highways may be mowed by city personnel but private property owners are required to mow their right-of-way and keep their curbs & gutters free from grass and vegetative debris.


During summer months, street department personnel attempt to control mosquitoes by spraying insecticide throughout neighborhoods in the city.


The Municipal Utilities Board maintains all traffic signals in the city limits. To report a malfunction or inquire about traffic signal operation, contact Municipal Utilities Board.

Please note a right-of-way or easement simply gives City of Albertville personnel the right to access private property to do installations or make repairs. The property owner is responsible for the maintenance of the property to include mowing and keeping the right-of-way or easement free from debris or vegetation.