- Classified jobs have twelve grades and seventeen steps. Hourly rates on this scale range between $8.55 and $23.25. Merit raises are given at the discretion of the Mayor. Only those that have a satisfactory annual review are eligible for merit raises. Employee performance is reviewed annually.
- All employees participate in direct deposit.
The City of Albertville strives to provide employee benefits, which enhance productivity, ensure health and safety, and create a family-supportive work environment. Benefits Overview
- Health & Dental Insurance - Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Alabama for Health and Guardian for dental. Employee health insurance is split 80/20 with the city. The city pays 80% and the employee pays 20% no matter if is single coverage or family coverage.
- Retirement - The City of Albertville participates in The State of Alabama Retirement System. Both the City and the employee contribute a percent of his/her pay each pay period. Life insurance is included as part of the retirement program.
- Annual Leave:
4 hours per month, 1 month through 2 years of service
8 hours per month, 2 years through 10 years of service
12 hours per month, 10 years through 20 years of service
16 hours per month, 20+ years of service
10 days paid annually for recognized holidays
- Sick Leave
A full-time employee accrues 8 hours per each full month of employment.
Sick leave need not be used within any specific time, and may be accumulated without a maximum for those employees hired prior to October 1, 1990, and accumulated with a maximum of 480 hours (12 weeks) for those employees hired after October 1, 1990. Temporary employees shall not be eligible to earn sick leave.
- Other Benefits
- Leaves of absence including: Family Medical Leave, Military Leave, Civil Leave, Bereavement Leave, and Emergency Leave
- Workers Compensation Coverage
- Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consistent work schedules
All forms must be returned to Human Resources located at City Hall.
Benefits & Payroll Clerk
116 W. Main Street
P.O. Box 1248
Albertville, AL 35950