The Building Department is responsible for the enforcement of building codes. This includes all steps from permits, applications, plan review inspection, and final approval of all building construction projects within city limits.
The building construction industry spans from century-old trades such as stone masonry to state-of-the-art materials and methods of computer-operated, high-efficiency appliances. To maintain proficiency in all areas of the challenging field of building construction, continuing education is a high priority.
The Building Department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of residential and commercial building codes in the City of Albertville to include, but not limited to:
- Processing & issuing all types of construction permits
- Enforcement of all zoning ordinances
- Inspections to determine compliance with applicable codes
- Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy
- Enforcing adherence to all City ordinances
- Investigating unlicensed businesses
- Provide assistance to contractors and/or citizens regarding building codes
- Provide information relating to flood plain maps
The mission of the Albertville Building Department is to assure safe, secure and stable built environment through uniform and fair enforcement of all building and related codes.