We recognize our Senior community as one of the most important groups of individuals calling, Albertville, home. We are not only thrilled, but proud to say that our Seniors are enjoying a brand new, state of the art, Adult Health and Community Center, The Center on Broad.
Located at 709 South Broad Street; senior citizens are welcome weekdays for activities and fellowship.Seniors host speakers on various topics and take field trips throughout the year to points of interest.
Anyone 60 years of age or older is welcome, and transportation is available upon request.
Lunch is served at 11 am weekdays to participating seniors. Donations are voluntary and accepted.
Homebound Meals Program
Hot lunches are also delivered to qualifying homebound seniors each weekday (Monday through Friday), by noon. To qualify a senior must:
- Be 60 years of age or older
- Reside within the city of limits of Albertville
- Be unable to prepare meals or be without anyone to prepare meals
- Answer some questions regarding health and capabilities
- 5 Televisions
- Card Games
- Computer Lab
- Exercise Room
- Game Room with Pool table, Air Hockey, and Ping Pong table
- Health screening twice month by Rehab Select (at the Center)
- Meals served daily
- Outside sitting area
- Quarterly Day Trips around Alabama
- A variety of speakers and musical entertainment, monthly
Rental Rates for the Center on Broad and Albertville’s Historic Train Depot are $550, with a $300 deposit.
For further inquiry, please contact Dale Carroll.