The Building Department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of residential and commercial building codes in the City of Albertville to include, but not limited to:
· Processing & issuing all types of construction permits
· Enforcement of all zoning ordinances
· Inspections to determine compliance with applicable codes
· Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy
· Enforcing adherence to all City ordinances
· Investigating unlicensed businesses
· Provide assistance to contractors and/or citizens regarding building codes
· Provide information relating to flood plain maps
Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit.
Building Permit Application
Zoning Amendment Application
The Ordinance Enforcement Officer is responsible for enforcing adherence to all city ordinances. Once violations are identified, the property owner is notified through verbal and written warnings but may result in the issuance of a citation to appear in court if the situation warrants. Citations are issued by the Albertville Police Department and require the property owner to appear in court to answer the charges. Violations are punishable by a fine up to $500, imprisonment or both depending on the severity of the situation.
Building Department Staff
Ordinance Enforcement Officer: